Safeguarding Adults at Risk
Course OverviewCompletely updated for 2013
This course is suitable for workers in the health and social care sectors and has been mapped to the CQC Common Induction Standards.
This training course is for anyone who encounters adults at risk of abuse in the community, in a person's own home, in a hospital, in a day care or residential setting. This includes formal and informal carers, volunteers, health and social care professionals.
- You can ensure you are trained adequately in the issues surrounding the safeguarding of adults at risk in just a few hours with this online training.
- You will explore commonly held attitudes towards adults at risk and how these impact on the service provided.
- You will discover how values and attitudes can block recognition and effect the decisions professionals make regarding taking action.
- The training outlines the signs, indicators, definitions and types of abuse including unintentional harm.
- The course also reflects on the law, including key legislation and guidance regarding issues of consent and duty of care.
- Finally, it is explained what to do if you have any concerns, what your responsibility is, what happens next and the role and responsibility of managers.
This course includes scenarios to help you to think about what you would do in a given situation.
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Relevant Regulations
- Definitions and Useful Terms
- Roles and Responsibilities
DurationWith 46 interactive screens– it is estimated (depending on learning speed) that this module will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete. However, as an e-learning course you can do in convenient stages as the system will record your progress throughout.
Entry RequirementsThere are no specific entry requirements for this module.
What our customers have saidVisually it was very straightforward. I was not bored or unstimulated by any of the content.
The interactive modules were very helpful. Good idea that one could go back if did not fully understand what was being asked.
I liked the extra information and sources given for the relevant legislation and case studies that will become useful in practice.
It was easy to use, not what I had been expecting. Also the graphics were fun and I liked the way it was interactive. Much better than going on a regular course.
The presentation of using images was a good method for me to remember the content particularly during the final assessment
Much easier to absorb information and relate , rather than be in a hot stuffy conference room.
The course is informative, well explained, It increased my skills and motivated me to learn more about Safeguarding ADULTS and CHILDREN in future. It is empowering
I liked the visual nature of the training which made it interesting and informative - well balanced and not too much to absorb in terms of length of information.
I liked that you couldn't move onto the next page until you have clicked on all available links meaning you could not miss anything.
Even though I have only basic computer skills I found it easy to follow and understand.
I think it covered the basics that you need to know if you should ever come across a potential safeguarding concern. So feel confident that should I find myself in such a position I have a better idea of what I need to do.
It gave a great insight in the module and made me aware of ways to identify abuse and what actions are required to be taken.
Range of examples given as it really provided me with better understanding of signs of abuse which I may have not thought of.
I very much liked the interactive screens and the huge amount of information which could be displayed by opening various 'windows' into further scenes
I thought it was very easy to use and visual without too many long passages of text so it was easier to absorb the information
It was interactive, attractive to look at and more interesting than reading a power point etc.
Cost and Discounts
£30 + VAT - This cost is for a single user.
Discounts are available for multiple users (10 or more) for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone Sales on 01943 885083.
How it Works
- Complete the course online at your convenience
- Pages from the course can be printed
- Notes can be recorded
- Notes can be recorded, and you can re-visit any part of the training, even after you have completed the course.
- Course material has been broken down into chapters, making it easier to complete in your own time
- The Learning Management System automatically tracks your progress, making it easy to pause and resume at a later time.
If you would like to buy this course now please enter details of the learner to be enrolled on the course.
When you click "Submit" you will be transferred to our secure payment system (provided by WorldPay) where you will be able to enter your credit or debit card details.
Start Your Training Today
Once the payment has been accepted you will immediately be allocated an account in our Training Management System, and you will be able start your training right away.