Course OverviewCompletely updated for 2013
This course is suitable for workers in the health and social care sectors and has been mapped to the CQC Common Induction Standards.
This training course is for anyone who encounters adults at risk of abuse in the community, in a person's own home, in a hospital, in a day care or residential setting. This includes formal and informal carers, volunteers, health and social care professionals.
- You can ensure you are trained adequately in the issues surrounding the safeguarding of adults at risk in just a few hours with this online training.
- You will explore commonly held attitudes towards adults at risk and how these impact on the service provided.
- You will discover how values and attitudes can block recognition and effect the decisions professionals make regarding taking action.
- The training outlines the signs, indicators, definitions and types of abuse including unintentional harm.
- The course also reflects on the law, including key legislation and guidance regarding issues of consent and duty of care.
- Finally, it is explained what to do if you have any concerns, what your responsibility is, what happens next and the role and responsibility of managers.
This course includes scenarios to help you to think about what you would do in a given situation.
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Relevant Regulations
- Definitions and Useful Terms
- Roles and Responsibilities
DurationWith 46 interactive screens– it is estimated (depending on learning speed) that this module will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete. However, as an e-learning course you can do in convenient stages and revisit when ever you wish as the system will record you progress throughout.
Entry RequirementsThere are no specific entry requirements for this module.
What our customers have saidFound it interesting and informative and the practice questions reassuring
I enjoyed doing this course felt it updated my knowledge. It was easy use and links if you need further information.
I really like the animations and the voice narration as part of the course as it appeals in a visual and auditory fashion to learners that may be this way inclined. I liked the animated illustrations, they were bright and nice to look at and very welcoming.
Very clearly set out and nice and good that the modules are all separated out, rather than one long one that is more difficult to break off from and complete in a busy work environment in stages.
Simplicity of navigating through the modules.I never felt I was bombarded with information, it was always presented in a way that was easy to understand and follow.
It is easy to follow, good links with legislation which I could read up on, or do further independent study. Interesting format clicking into screen information.
Easy to understand with good flow and diagrams which help you remember and ingrains a safeguarding culture within you.
How easy it was to scroll through the pages and I liked the practice questions they were very helpful.
Cost and Discounts
£30 + VAT - This cost is for a single user.
Discounts are available for multiple users (10 or more) for more information please contact email@example.com, or telephone Sales on 01943 885083.
How it Works
- Complete the course online at your convenience
- Pages from the course can be printed
- Notes can be recorded
- Notes can be recorded, and you can re-visit any part of the training, even after you have completed the course.
- Course material has been broken down into chapters, making it easier to complete in your own time
- The Learning Management System automatically tracks your progress, making it easy to pause and resume at a later time.
If you would like to buy this course now please enter details of the learner to be enrolled on the course.
When you click "Submit" you will be transferred to our secure payment system (provided by WorldPay) where you will be able to enter your credit or debit card details.
Start Your Training Today
Once the payment has been accepted you will immediately be allocated an account in our Training Management System, and you will be able start your training right away.